Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bare bones

Bare bones

I thought that I had reduced our clothing and curriculum to the nescessities, but I am now reducing even more. Everthing we take will have to fit in our limited luggage. Ken and I will each carry a pack, one 50 liter and one 60 liter. The kids will each have a regular back pack and we have a computer bag. This is it! We are down to 3 sets of clothing, wear one and pack 2, plus the kids have pj"s. Also meds and lenses for 4 months. We each have one change of shoes(sneakers and hiking boots.) The kids have thier curriculum and books and toys in thier packs. This is a lesson in needs as opposed to wants. Ken gave a packing class to the kids and I. I was surprised how much the packs actually held. I still think it is alot. We will need to look for better packs for the kids. The ones they have will be hard on thier developing backs. So we are packed and ready for an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment