Monday, August 24, 2009

Not all fun







As for those who think we are down here having the time of our lives, well that is not the case, yet. Atleast for me it is not. It rains here almost constantly. I grew up in Florida and thought it rained a lot there. I was wrong. Compared to here it barely rains at all in Florida. The highs are in the upper 40's and low 50's. The only way to heat the non-insulated house is with a little 1X2 foot fire place. We each have a small rock we take to bed at night. In an effort to cut cost we only shower about every 5 days. (plus side ...every shower is euphoric) We wash dishes and clothes in cold water only. When I say cold I mean it. The pipes are barely under the ground surface so the water get extremely cold. There is very little do to because it is too cold and wet to get out. So basically I am stuck in this wet cold hell with no friends, no way to socialize, no TV, and pretty much little else to do. Warmth and sunshine are a distant memory. We leave here August 31st and head north to warmer weather and hopefully some sun. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment