Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Catching up

I have not posted in a while. Internet access has been at a premium. There is alot to post about and I do not want to do it all in one day, so I will be backtracking for a bit. The trip to Florida was great. Left March 27th and returned April 10th. Saw old friends and had a blast.
Big THANK YOU to Heather, Rick, Gary, and Penny for thier hospitality.
The drive down was rainy so we packed everything in plastic bags. Stopped off at Lakeridge winery, just off the turnpike by Clermont. Very good sweet red, called Southern Red. It can be purchase at Publix in brevard. I recommend stopping for a complimentary tasting if you are in the area or at thier sister winery in St. Augustine.
We went to the zoo where the kids got to feed the birds and play in thier water area. Took the kids to walk along the beach and do a bit of shell collecting. Went out to the space center and did some gator spotting. Took the kids to Lone Cabbage fish camp to try catfish and gator. Both were a hit, but they prefer gator. Did some shopping and strolled through Cocoa village. I got out and shot pool. I did a few other interesting things that I will leave till after I see my friends in TX. Certain things are just better told in person.
I will try to get some pictures up soon. Next post will be about our trip to DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment