Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter and the fall

I know I said the next blog would be DC, but I am had forgotten an important event. We returned to GA the Saturday evening prior to Easter. Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I love the dresses and hope and joy in the air. We had big plans for church food egg hunt, etc. We planned to leave for DC on Wed. Early Sunday morning I am, as usual the first one up and in the shower thinking of the happy family day ahead of me. Now I have never been accussed of being an overly graceful person. So as luck would have it, I slipped in the shower landing suarely on my rump. It was appearant immediately that I had fallen pretty hard, but I was moving and progressing. Long story short, I managed to get through the day with the help of LOTS of pain killers and people around me. By Monday afternoon I had agreed to go to the doctors, where I was herded through and given more pain killers. Ken had to do all the packing for DC. Wed. we headed out toward Maryland. Along the way we got the phone call from the doctor confirming what we had already concluded, fractured sacrum. For those of you who have never experienced this, sitting and walking are rather painful. Note to self...when planning a long car ride and trip to a city like DC where you walk alot, be more careful in the shower. We managed to find a hotel got some supper at Bob Evans and go to bed with my believing by Friday I would be jogging again. Ahhh, the things we tell ourselves, hehehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment