Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Where are we?

I realize I need to finish telling about DC and such, but I thought you maybe wondering where we are and what is going on. We are back in Lubbock briefly. We are busy trying to get things nailed down for departure. It has been decided that the kids and I will fly out of Dallas next Thursday. We will get to Chile and secure housing where they will allow the dogs, by June 1st. My brother has secrured housing for the kids and I until June. Ken and my brother will leave next week to drive thru Mexico (swine flu!!!!!) and shipped the truck from a port in central America and fly over the Darien gap with the dogs to where ever they pick up the truck. They will then continue on driving down into SA and Chile.

FYI flying large dogs out of the states, long distances, in the summer, sound much simplier and easier than it actually is.
I will have wifi in the cabania where I will be staying and I look forward to catching up on all we have done and all which has happened. I am certain my first few days alone in Chile with my children will prove to provide a lot to blog about. Keep reading, I will try to be more faithful about updates and stories and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment