Thursday, February 12, 2009

The great cook off

So in light of the fact that I will not have a stove or large refrigerator the last week we are here, I decided to stock the freezer. I am also sure I will be incredibly busy and not have time to cook. We have a small chest freezer, which will be going to family in GA. Yesterday I made breakfast quiche and cornbread. I figure I can do beans in a crockpot. The day before I cooked and froze meatballs. Spag is easy to heat in a microwave. The weekend will be tetrazini, goulash, baked ziti, and what ever else I think of. I have also frozen some leftovers, like brisket. I have a gingerbread done also. I am trying to push off the need for buying out as long as possible.

Our oldest moved out this weekend. I did not agree with it and still think he should have waited a few weeks and saved more money. That being said, it is helpful to have one less body. Less laundry and dishes is nice also. His leaving means I can go ahead and clear and clean that room and shut the door! It is working out to be the best thing for us. I just do not think it was the best thing for him, but he is happy and that is what matters.

My brother is in Chile and confirming alot of what we had read. This is extremely helpful. You can research and research, but never be sure till you get there. I am sure we will still be in for a few surprises when we arrive. I am actually looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment