Monday, February 9, 2009

Lesson Learned

FYI.... If you consider doing something like this be sure to keep everyone VERY informed. Also, remember that no matter how much information you offer, it is human nature to have preconcieved ideas and we rarely relinquish them swiftly. It will be your responsibility to gather and convey information about your travels and locations. When you think you have taken care of this, remember, you can never give too much information to the people who love and worry about you. Therfore, give them more than you feel nescessary, they will need it. And remember no matter how much information you give and how logical it all sounds there will always be those who either think your crazy, feel left behind, or are hurt or angry. This is human, acceopt and forgive. Pray, be kind and keep in mind, not everyone will be as excited for you as you are.

On another topic, my brother flies to Chile today and I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I can not wait to have eyes on the ground. We plan to test our Skype this week as this will be our primary form of communication with everyone. Managed to get through curriculum this weekend. I was surprised by how willing I was to down size it. I really thought I would struggle with it. Hubby pointed out how much they will be learning about history, culture and science just by traveling. So it was easier to keep just the basics. We staged a box of books for someone to send us a few at a time. If virginia did not have plenty of reading material she would go crazy, but there was no way we could carry enough to keep her happy. We hope to get down there and find some used english books. Found a great spanish website, but it is still coming slow.

2 comments:

  1. Well said girl, I think just little is the perfect way to keep them content. Camara you do have a camara, right? I want to see Chile! So much fiber in that country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just wanted to leave a little something I found in one of the blogs I'm reading. Thought it went perfectly with what we had talked about this past weekend. I'm glad everything's back to good...that way I know I'll definitely be getting some good pics, postcards and souvenirs from you guys ;) Here's what I found

    "After saying all that, you would think that Chile is a seriously scary country. In spite of the fact that I specifically have had bad luck with getting mugged, I don't believe that Santiago is dangerous. Chile is actually ranked as the 19th most peaceful country in the world and the number 1 most peaceful country in all of Latin America. The United States is 97 on that list!" (Comes from http://ohquepasa.blogspot.com/2008_08_01_archive.html)

    ReplyDelete