Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One More Week

We pull out of Lubbock one week from tomorrow. I am bursting with excitment, exhausted and sore from moving, and anxious it will not all get done or fit. We started moving into the storage unit this weekend. Since my thoughtful mother-in-law offered to store my piano in here house, we decided we only needed a 10x10 unit. Hehehehehe, what were we thinking. No, just kidding. It may all actually fit. The cooking ahead has worked out great. Our washer, dryer, and stove are all gone. I unplugged and unloaded the fridge today. Have to clean it for pick up tomorrow. We get our next set of shots tomorrow. I have managed to clear and clean 2 entire rooms. I will be getting to a third today and 2 more Thursday. This will only leave the kitchen, livingroom, and baths. We have family coming into town and a completely full weekend. I am kind of glad for the business. I work better under pressure and it will make the time go by faster. My brother is traveling in Chile and sending frequent reports. It sounds fascinating and I can not wait to get there. Things like sitting outside in the evening by the lake looking at the volcanoes nearby. He has scheduled a trip to climb one of the volcanoes in March and went penquin sighting the other day. The Spaninsh is coming slowly. Virginia has decided to start talking to the dogs in spanish. I guess they do not criticize her pronounciation. I need to write in spanish. I am a kinetic learner and do not think I will ever get it just listening to it. My brother says the spanish on Chiloe is different than other parts of Chile.
Boxed the kids toys this weekend, they seem to be fine with it. They have found the empty playroom/schoolroom to be a great place to experiment with echos and race cars. They drew and entire highway and town on the sidewalks out front over the weekend. It is amazing how inventive they can be when they have to be. I see the transformation beginning. At first they were stumped, what to do we have no toys??? Now they are creating fun in impressive fashion. We will be getting heavy into our DC study this week inpreparation for our visit. Virginia is also practicing hard for her storytelling competition this Sat.
I still feel no lose with out all the stuff. The empty house is freeing. I feel lighter. I even learned to flip an egg with a spoon the other day, (had packed the spatualas.)
There are no obstacles, only opportunity for creativity. I am not sure who wrote it, but it is true and exillerating. I feel the drudgery of daily life leaving with every new day and challenge and it is WONDERFUL!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment