Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In Villarica

So we made it to Villarica early Sat morning. It was raining, but we managed tp walk to the cabana where Carmen welcomed us and fed us a nice breakfast. We sat for a while. Carmen took us to the store. We had no wifi. I took a much needed shower and nap!!!! Kids watched spanish cartoons. Later we bundled and went out into the rain tp find an adaptor for the computer. We also located a larger supermarket. Got a few other things. Back to the cabana, supper in my wee kitchen. And then we all snuggled in together in the living room in front of the fire. Late we got a knock, 2 of the 4 suitcases had arrived. YEAH!!!! Clean underwear. it was like christmas opening those 2 bags. Alot of the items were wet so I laid them all around the living room to dry. FYI, there is a learning curve to tending a fire for heating your home and keeping it going at night and while you are out. I am learning and have the burns to prove it. Life is very simple here. I am enjoying that. Sunday it is still raining. We venture out and try very very hard to find wifi. Dispite getting soaked we were unsucceessful. By Monday moring I am feeling a bit more rested and normal and the sun is shining. We find wifi cafe and a friend of my brothers who is british and therefore, speaks English. YEAH!!!!!!! They hang out with us and treat us to lunch. We also get to see the beautiful Volcanoe which had been hidden by the clouds.
Some other interesting things have occured but I will save them for another day.

My hubby and brother are in Costa RIca trying to get the truck on a ship. Have been told flying the dogs on Copa will not be a problem. Hope they can get the truck taken care of. Please keep them in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys are all right. ;) I hope the Guys and the Dogs make it safely.

    You sound really at peace. ;)

    Miss you all, bunches.
    J

    ReplyDelete